Xylose is a sugar first isolated from wood, and named for it. Xylose is classified as a monosaccharide of the aldopentose type, which means that it contains five carbon atoms and includes an aldehyde functional group. It is derived from hemicellulose, one of the main constituents of biomass. Like most sugars, it can adopt several structures depending on conditions. With its free aldehyde group, it is a reducing sugar
Functions and Applications
1. No-calorie sweetener. For use in obesity and diabetes. Is also used to prevent fat oxidation dose, made caramel through Maillard reaction raw materials and preparation of pork and other spices.
2. Xylose on human intestinal bifidobacteria have higher proliferation, xylose consumption can improve the body's microbial environment. Improve the body's immunity. Xylose good compatibility with food, add a small amount of food xylose, will be able to demonstrate good health effects. Xylose simultaneously with calcium intake, can improve the body's calcium absorption and retention, but also to prevent constipation.
3. Used to produce xylitol.
4. Because of its obvious effect to taste, can be used for spices and pet food industry
5. Because of its color effect is obvious to mention, can be used in the food industry golden brown color, such as butter and bread coloring.
6. Pharmaceutical raw materials and pharmaceutical intermediates