Luo Han Guo(Momordica grosvenori Swingle) is the fruit of Momordica grosvenori, a plant cultivated in the mountains of southern China. Luohanguo has been used as a medicinal herb for treating cough and sore throat and is popularly considered, in southern China, to be a longevity aid.
Luo Han Guo(Momordica grosvenori Swingle) is the fruit of Momordica grosvenori, a plant cultivated in the mountains of southern China. Luohanguo has been used as a medicinal herb for treating cough and sore throat and is popularly considered, in southern China, to be a longevity aid. Luohanguo has more recently been developed into a non-caloric sweetener that can be used for fat people and diabetics. We make out our unique process to extract Mogroside V to 40% content, that is the leading technology in China and we have apply our patent about it.
Functions and Applications
1. Sugar and Syrup Substitution:Sweetness 300+ times as sweet as table sugar [sucrose], is a natural, very sweet (300 times sweeter than cane sugar), non caloric, powdered concentrate from Luo Han fruit. The active components are triterpene glucosides called mogrosides. Mogrosides are clarified from Luo Han fruit using a patented process involving hot water, a resin column, and spray-drying. The mogrosides are clarified using this process, yield a fine powder that has greater than 80% total glucoside content with a mogroside V (the sweetest.of the mogrosides) greater than 30%;
2. Traditiona TCM Uses:Luo Han Guo Extract (Mogroside) has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for colds, coughs, sore throats, gastrointestinal disorder, as well as a blood purifier;
3. Luo Han Guo Extract (Mogroside) is easily soluble in water without any sediment:The Extract contains 80% or greater Mogroside. Mogroside is 300 times sweeter than cane sugar and is low in calories. It is a stable, non-fermentable additive ideal for Diabetics;
4. Nutritional Content:Luo Han Guo Extract (Mogroside) contains high amounts of amino acids, fructose, vitamins and minerals.
5. It is also used in traditional Chinese cooking for flavor and nutrition. It is a versatile natural sweetener that is ideally suited to replace artificial sweeteners such as aspartame.
6. It works well in beverages, baked foods, nutritional foods, diet foods or any food product that requires either a low to no carbohydrate sweetener or low to no calories. Cooking or baking does not affect the flavor or sweetness of it.