Sodium propionate is White crystalline grain or powder, with little propionic acid smell,stable to heat and light,easily soluble in water.Store in a cool, dry place. Store in an airtight container.
Functions and Applications
1. Sodium Propionate is used as liquid sodium propionate wet type acid preservatives, its bacteriostasis affected by PH environment.
2. Sodium Propionate is bounded agent in leather-making so as to improve the uniformity of the alkali resistance force and the tanning of leather.
3. Sodium Propionate can be used as food preservative, sodium acid and acid type, its bacteriostatic effect is influenced by environmental pH value.
4. Sodium Propionate also can be used as food, feed, and anti-corrosion, fungicide.
5. Sodium Propionate also can be used as cosmetics preservatives. To the mold and yeast, it has broad antibacterial effect.
It is used as a food preservative and is represented by the food labeling E number E281 in Europe; it is used primarily as a mold inhibitor in bakery products. It is approved for use as a food additive in the EU,USA and Australia and New Zealand(where it is listed by its INS number 281).
Name of index
White crystalline or crystalline powder
White crystalline hygroscopic powder, or a fine white powder
pH (10 % aqueous solution)
Heavy metals ≤%
Alkalinity (as Na2CO3)
Passes test (about 0.15%)
Loss on drying ≤%
Water insoluble ≤%
Apr. 11, 2022
Mar. 25, 2022